Although this post is not particularly based around music or music magazines, i previously wrote in my school magazine about how i felt about leaving compulsary education whilst i was in year 11, i wrote it in the style of my own thoughts, perhaps a stream of consciousness is the best way of describing it...
Contemplating The End
Despite the depressive sounding title, this piece of writing is not about death or an actual end to anything. This piece of writing is near enough a stream of consciousness (thoughts out loud)
Of what is running through my head as I near the end of my time of compulsory education at Hitchin Boys’ School.
Although I do plan to stay on to continue my education at Hitchin Boys’ in sixth form, I can’t help but think to myself that this is the end of being a full time student at the school, and as my dark blue blazer with the crest of the school embedded upon it now grows old and more tattered by the day, and my blue striped tie begins to count down the days until it will never be knotted again, I become more anxious to the fact that I am not guaranteed a chance of walking back through J block come September, I can only hope that I reach the necessary standards to be aloud a place back in the school.
As I walk out of my final lesson of the day, I usually find myself in a trance by the building, taking in every concept of it. It is only now that I can truly appreciate the amazing beauty into which the building consists of. I tend to look across the school field, looking at the middle in particular, I look here because it is there that I remember my first realisation that I was now at “big school” back on my first ever day in year 7.
Although at the time of year 7, school still felt as it usually does, as stressful and as strenuous as ever. But I do miss the innocence of those days, where the most worrying aspect of a school day was what excuse I was going to give to my teachers about why the homework was only half done. I miss the fact that Gcse’s seemed a lifetime away, and that it seemed at that time, that they were never going to happen.
But now as I sit here on a cold Winters night, with only the majority of four months left in my final year at school, the stresses of exams and the lack of sleep due to the “fun” aspects of revision now seem to be my only constant companion, I can’t help but miss the school already, knowing that one era of my life is now ending, and a new one is slowly but painfully being brought into existence.
The reason why I decided to write this is for a few reasons. One to let my anger out onto my keyboard, to make it realise the stresses that I am now facing, but to also make the reader of this article realise that although coming to school seems to be the worst possible scenario right now, School will be missed, because school is where your friends are, where an almost seemingly endless library of information is, where the summer lunch times consisting of football on the field are; the times when you tripped over in j block and got laughed at by your peers, the times where you told all your friends about the new girl you met.
Hitchin Boys’ School is a place where not only do you learn, but it makes you into a man. I wish I had realised these thoughts before now, but hopefully you, the reader will take this in.
Daniel Rawlings.
I posted this onto my blog to show that i have past experience in writing for the school magazine, this article was put into the magazine and was read by the majority of the school.
No comments:
Post a Comment