Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Main Article Final Draft
This is my final draft of my double page spread, because of the theme i went for and the length of my article it was not possible to fit the entire article onto one double page.
For the first page I have done it in the same theme as the front cover, I have made it look like notes and pictures have been stuck onto a cork board. I have done this to represent the theme of the band, they are a bunch of young and unorganised boys, I am fortunate to be friends with the members of this band, so I have attempted to catch their personality within my media product, I have made it look like the labels and pictures have been just stuck onto the page, this is again to go with my point that the main theme for this is of messy teenage lads.
The second page i decided to do a bit different, I went with a plain look to compliment the beautiful looking picture that was taken at the bands slot at the B festival gig, I put the writing at a slight slant though too still relate to the original "messy theme" that I have given too my other page.
I also believe that both that the contrast of a plain coloured page, to a brightly coloured page work relatively well. I chose the colours of luminous green and pink for the labels because they stick out like colours used in the rave scene this is the genre that the band We Fight Dinosaurs represent.
I added a collage of pictures stuck together to look as if it has just been roughly disregarded and stuck onto the cork board, I added it to also signify a rave sort of environment, with the messy and the uneven arrangement.
I used a pull quote that says "Well I'm Leaving the Band", I didn't add the "held on by cello tape" look because I felt adding too much would over do the theme and cause it too look over used and over the top, I also used the Sub-Title in this style, without using the cello tape look, for the same reasoning.
I used a black and plain font, so that it would put a contrast with the boldly standing colours, also because i wanted to go for a sticky tape sort of look, the writing on it would be formal, and not a font that stands out boldly.
To conclude I believe that my double page spread fits in with the necessary requirements, it en corporates the type of media genre I am trying to appeal too, which is the target I was aiming for with this piece of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment