Wednesday, 5 January 2011

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

IPC logo.jpg
The Media institution IPC MEDIA might distribute my media product, because they are the publisher for magazine NME, although the company Time Inc. owns this IPC MEDIA.
 Time Inc. logo
The magazine NME is fairly similar to my own, so I believe that IPC would choose my magazine too publish. The company however also publish the magazines What's On TV, NME, Country Life, Marie Claire and Nuts.

The company offer a wide range of selection when it comes too magazines, I feel that my although my magazine is a music magazine, it also tried to push the boundries, therefore I believe that this will be acceptable for the company too take on my magazine.
The corporations main target audience are males but it also has magazines that will appeal too women such as Marie Claire, I feel this is important to note, because it shows that the company are trying too appeal to both genders, much like my magazine is trying too.

A company I am also considering is Bauer Media Group Bauer Verlagsgruppe logo2.png, the reason for this is that they also produce magazines such as Kerrang! and Q, these magazines are fairly different, so therefore are aiming for different stereo types of an audience, which could also come into my favour because my magazine as stated before is trying to stretch itself too as many possible audiences as it can.

I am going to choose to go for IPC MEDIA however, because The NME magazine is the most similar to mine, and has a wider audience range, which I believe will benefit my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment