Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?





The top two images are my front cover and my contents page from my preliminary task of which I had to compose the front cover and contents for a school magazine, I started the project with not much practice in this sector of work, I found that my work was amateur and lacked substance.
From the preliminary task, I realised that I had to add some character too my work, but then again I found it hard too put character into a school magazine. I found that my School magazine looked a bit too much like a Prospectus, with far too much of a formal look, although with the old school buildings I believed that an old fashioned look would be appropriate.
In the progress from the preliminary task to the final cover and contents, I added it's own style, I went for a personal indie look that I have discussed in previous blog posts, I used appropriate pictures to get my own look, i designed my own Masthead logo on Microsoft Paint, and encorporated it on there, I designed my own theme for the front cover and for the contents, both are different but they use music as their theme, the contents being that of the theme of an Ipod Touch, and the front cover being my own theme making it look like it was being held together by Cellotape.

Looking back I have encorporated a more developed theme to my final front cover, the school magazine cover has lures in the same sort of theme as that of my music magazine, such as the abstract squares, trying to obtain an informal look, I took it a few steps further however with my final piece.
I have also added an information bar and more advanced graphical techniques.

With the contents page you can see that I have completely changed the theme, in the preliminary task, I used a very basic and original theme, this I felt lacked character, so I designed a template of an Ipod Touch and filled it in with text and pictures to try and replicate the theme of the Ipod Touch, I am happy with the originality of my contents page, because that was one of my aims to create an original magazine.

Since my preliminary task I also created two double page spreads to fit my article in, however because I did not do an article for my school magazine, I do not have anything to compare it too that I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment