Wednesday, 5 January 2011

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine mainly aims to appeal too people who like the Indie-Rock sort of music, artists in this genre include bands like Kings Of Leon, here is an example of the sort of music my magazine is writing about...



I have aimed to please people who like this sort of music, I have aimed to do this because this is the social class that I believe I fit under, This is the sort of music i enjoy too listen too, therefore I thought that this would be the best way too create an effective and personal feel too my magazine.

As you can see on my front cover, I got the band members too dress up in an indie style, so that it represents what the music is about, the sort of fashion style I am talking about is button up shirts and / or polo shirts accompanied by Jeans or shorts, again this is the sort of clothing that I wear, so I thought it would be appropriate. I would not find it appropriate for my band members too be wearing clothing such as tracksuits because that would represent the stereotypes "Chav" style and that is not the look I have gone for with my magazine. The bands I have advertised on the front cover are all Indie music bands.
My magazine is a uni sex magazine, meaning that it has no preference towards boys or girls, the genre of music I have targetted is liked by both male and female audiences.

Also I may also add that The Indie Genre of music is widely liked, so it will attract a good range of customers too purchase the magazine.

The cellotaped look I have given my front cover and my article also relates to the "Indie" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment